A question about television, caffeine, garlic, onions, and so on….
- We should expect–and accept–the different levels of commitment people make to Krishna consciousness, but we don’t have to accept that a lower level of practice is “OK.”
- Television is never without graphic illicit sex, gambling, intoxication, and meat eating.
- All these things make an impression in the heart–the violence, sex, and the fairytale endings as well–and they come out in our consciousness later on.
- Initiated devotees make vows to follow principles, which doesn’t include viewing illicit activities and enjoying it in the mind.
- We don’t want to compromise our values of pure devotional service.
- Only pure devotion can purify the contaminating thoughts that are locked in the heart from watching television/movies.
- How can a real devotee of Srila Prabhupada sit and watch these things? Prabhupada made so many sacrifices; are we unfaithful and ungrateful in our practices?